WIMBLEDON GUILD OF SOCIAL WELFARE
WEBSITE DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
This notice was last updated on: 15 July 2016.
PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
Customers and clients
Customers and clients mean the recipients of our services, including those who receive our counselling, befriending, outreach and other social welfare services, and those who attend our classes. In order to receive these services, we need will need to collect and use information about you, both when you sign up for a service (which may include completion of a form), and subsequently whilst providing that service. These details may include:
- •your name and contact details (including telephone, email and postal address, as appropriate), and other information needed to identify you;
- •information to determine the type of service you may require, and/or whether you are eligible or able to receive relevant services. This may include information about your family, lifestyle and social circumstances, education and employment details, financial information (and health information – see below);
- •information to assist us in providing and administering the relevant services; and
- •details recorded as part of provision of the services, including records of meetings, communications, outcomes and feedback.
Depending on the nature of the services, we may need to know details of a sensitive nature about you, such as information about your physical or mental health. We may also need to discuss these details with other parties, such as your GP or other healthcare or social welfare provider. We will provide you with additional information about this use of sensitive data, as appropriate. Information about your health may also be needed for health and safety purposes.
You may initially be referred to us by another party, who may provide some information about you to us. We would seek to discuss these details with you before proceeding with any relevant services.
Note that we may be assisted in providing the services by our volunteers, who are not employed by us, but who are acting on our behalf. Our volunteers will therefore share with the Wimbledon Guild information which they obtain from or discuss with you.
Volunteers include befrienders, counselling volunteers (including trainees) and other volunteers to assist us with our services and events. We need information about you in order to manage our relationship with you and the relevant volunteering activities. This includes your name and contact details, and information about or relevant to the activity for which you are volunteering. It may include some sensitive personal data, including relating to:
- •criminal convictions – we will separately provide you with more information about relevant DBS checks; and
- •health and disabilities. This is needed for health and safety purposes, and to assist us to make reasonable adjustments to assist you in your role.
If you are counselling volunteer, we may contact you in relation to counselling courses which may be of interest to you.
Subject to obtaining your consent, we may also contact you about other volunteering opportunities and events.
Supporters include donors and fundraisers, and stallholders, performers and sponsors for the Wimbledon Fair and other events. We need to collect personal information about you in order to administer and manage our relationship with you and the relevant events. This includes use of financial details where relevant to your support, and may include some health information required for health and safety purposes, for example when undertaking challenge events such as walks and runs.
Subject to obtaining your consent, we may also contact you about additional events and fundraising.
Information about others which you provide to us
If you provide us with information about other people (such as emergency contact details), please let these people know that you are passing their details to us (and why) to ensure they are comfortable with this.
Visiting our website or contacting us
You may also complete contact or application forms on our website, in which case we will use this information to handle your enquiry or application. In relation to customers, clients, volunteers and fundraisers, see also above.
If you contact us by other means, such as email or by telephone, or over social media (including messenger apps), we may also retain your contact details and your communication in order to handle your query and maintain records of communications.
Other uses of your personal data
We may also use your personal data as follows.
- •We may communicate with you on matters relevant to our relationship with you, such as the services you are receiving or have received, or activities and events with which you are or have been involved. In relation to direct marketing communications, see paragraph 2 below.
- •We maintain records relating to our activities and services, which may include communications exchanged with you, and notes of meetings or discussions concerning you.
- •Our funders may require information and statistics about our activities and those involved with them, and we may need to use your details or collect additional information about you for these purposes. This may include some sensitive data such as health, ethnic origin and religious beliefs.
- •We may use relevant information about you for administration and management of our services and our activities as a charity and a company.
- •We carry out equal opportunities monitoring, which may include collection and use of some sensitive data about you, such as health, or racial or ethnic origin.
- •We conduct some data analysis activities for marketing and fundraising purposes, as part of our annual review, and for our funders.
- •We may include images and stories relating to our activities within publicity and marketing materials, which could include images of or other information about your involvement in such activities. We will seek to discuss this with you prior to including any information which identifies you.
- •We may need to review and enforce your compliance with any Wimbledon Guild terms or policies relevant to our relationship with you.
- •We may use your data in order to comply with our legal obligations, or to protect and enforce our legal rights and those of other individuals.
DIRECT MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
Subject to obtaining your consent, we may from time to time send you direct marketing communications including:
- •as raised in paragraph 1 above, promoting our events, volunteering opportunities, and fundraising activities; and
- •other offers and news about our products and services and those of our business associates.
If you do not wish to receive any more of these types of communications from us in future, please contact us:
- •Telephone: 020 8946 0735.
Note: Even if you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, we may still contact you in relation to other matters relevant to our relationship with you, such as the services you are receiving, or activities and events with which you are involved (see paragraph 1.7 above). However, if you have concerns in relation to the way we are contacting you on other matters, please contact us – see paragraph 6 below.
DISCLOSURES OF DATA TO OTHER PARTIES
We may share your personal data, where appropriate, with:
- •our volunteers and other parties directly involved in the relevant Wimbledon Guild activity or service;
- •other service providers and professional advisers (for example to process donations, to send out mailings or analyse data, to store or manage or IT systems, or to provide us with financial or legal advice);
- •GPs and other healthcare or social welfare providers in accordance with paragraph 1.1 above;
- •parties to whom you have given us permission to speak in relation to a particular matter or in an emergency (such as family and friend member, or another service provider).
- •governmental or regulatory bodies and law enforcement authorities; and
- •other third parties where required or permitted by law.
We may also share with our funders information about the profiles of our customers, clients, volunteers and supporters, and case studies of our activities. However, we take steps to anonymise this information prior to disclosure.
At the date of this notice, our service providers and their data storage facilities are located within the UK. If we decide to re-locate our providers or facilities to a location outside the UK, we will seek to ensure your data is given a similar level of protection to that required under UK law.
Our website may also contain links to third party websites. The operators of these sites may collect information from you which will be used by them in accordance with their own data protection and privacy procedures. We are not responsible for such third parties' collection and use of your information.
RETENTION OF DATA
Wimbledon Guild will retain your details for as long as they are needed for the relevant purposes listed above. This includes retention of some personal data following the end of our relationship with you (generally for a period of seven years), for example to resolve any potential disputes, to maintain records of our services, and otherwise to comply with our legal obligations and to defend our legal rights. We may also continue to send you relevant marketing communications, subject to your right to opt out as described in paragraph 4 above. Further information about how long we retain your data is available on request.
Cookies are small pieces of information that websites send to your computer and store on your hard drive. Cookies allow us to recognise your computer when you next visit our website, but they don’t tell us who you are.
If you use our website, we will assume you consent to us storing and retrieving cookies, unless you have set your internet browser to stop cookies from being saved on your computer.
- •Monitor how people use our site so we can improve any problem areas.
You can manually delete old cookies, and stop cookies from being saved on your hard drive in future – find out more on the All About Cookies website [link]. However, disabling cookies may stop you from fully using all our website services.
WHO WE ARE AND HOW TO CONTACT US
The Wimbledon Guild is a charity registered in England and Wales with number 200424, and a company limited by guarantee with registered number 383330. Please direct enquiries in relation to use of your personal data to the Data Protection Officer:
- •Postal address: 30/32 Worple Road, Wimbledon, London SW19 4EF.
- •Telephone: 020 8739 0735
Please also contact us if any of your details are inaccurate or if you have any concerns over how we use information relating to you.